What To Do After Suffering A New York Dog Bite
What to Do After a Dog Bite in New York
If you ever find yourself dealing with a dog bite in New York City/Bronx, it’s important to know what steps to take. Here are some tips to keep in mind for future reference
- Identify the Dog: Take note of the dog’s details, like its breed, color markings, and name if possible. This information is essential for seeking compensation and assessing potential health risks such as rabies.
- Seek Medical Attention: Dog bites can lead to infections, so it’s important to get medical treatment quickly. Inform your doctor about the incident and provide details about the dog’s breed for proper care.
- Take Photos of Injuries: Capture pictures of your injuries as soon as possible to document the severity of the attack. If you can’t take photos, contact Mesadieu Law Firm for assistance at your home.
- Report to Authorities: Notify the police or animal control to conduct an investigation. This creates an official record of the incident, including witnesses, dog ownership, and statements, ensuring the safety of others.
- Collect Information: Similar to a car accident, gather details such as the dog’s breed, name, owner’s information, and witness details. Take pictures of the attack location and note names and addresses of everyone involved.
- Stay Informed: Keep track of the authorities’ actions, and make sure the dog isn’t euthanized, as evidence might be needed for your case.
- Avoid Making Statements: Refrain from making statements without consulting Mesadieu Law Firm. Some individuals may seek to limit their liability, and our experienced professionals can guide you through this challenging time.
Looking for Help with a Dog Bite in New York? Contact Us Today
If you need help with a dog bite case in New York, reach out to us for a free case evaluation. Call 844-3-RIGHT-BY-YOU (844) 374-4482 to get answers to your questions and determine the best course of action. Our firm operates on a contingency fee basis, meaning you only pay when we win for you. Contact us for experienced and compassionate legal counsel.