Construction Accident Lawyers
If you or a family member got hurt in a construction accident in New York, you might be eligible for more compensation than what workers’ compensation provides. It’s essential to reach out to a skilled construction accident lawyer in New York who can review your case and help you get the maximum compensation available.
At Mesadieu Law Firm, our experienced team of construction accident lawyers in New York has assisted many injured workers and their families in obtaining fair compensation for injuries, lost wages, medical expenses, and pain and suffering. We’re dedicated to holding employers and their insurance companies accountable for negligence, ensuring our clients get the compensation they deserve.
Find out more about how we can assist you by contacting Mesadieu Law Firm at 844-3-RIGHT-BY-YOU. Get a free case evaluation with a construction accident lawyer in New York.
Know Your Rights: Compensation for Construction Accident Injuries in New York
After a construction accident in New York City or the Bronx, you may be eligible for different benefits based on your circumstances.
If you got injured while working, workers’ compensation benefits may cover medical expenses, lost wages, and disability benefits. However, these benefits might not fully compensate for all your losses, and they won’t include things like pain and suffering.
In case a third party, like a contractor or equipment manufacturer, caused your injury, you may file a personal injury lawsuit for additional compensation. This could cover medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
For those who lost a loved one in a construction accident, a wrongful death lawsuit may be an option. This can help recover expenses like funeral costs and the loss of future income and support.
Understanding the legal process can be challenging, especially with multiple parties involved. Having an experienced New York City/Bronx construction accident lawyer on your side is crucial. They can guide you through your legal rights and help pursue the compensation you deserve.
If you’ve been in a construction accident in New York City or the Bronx, we’re here for you. Contact us at 844-3-RIGHT-BY-YOU for a free case evaluation with one of our skilled construction accident attorneys. We operate on a contingency fee basis, meaning you pay no fees until we win your case. We are committed to standing by you and doing right by you.
Can a Third-Party be Held Liable for Your Construction Site Accident?
Yes, Someone Else May Be Responsible for Your Construction Site Accident!
If your injury at a construction site involves a third party, like a defective equipment manufacturer, property owner, or contractor from another company, they could be held responsible. This means you might be able to file a personal injury lawsuit against them, in addition to receiving workers’ compensation benefits from your employer. To explore your legal options and see if you have a viable third-party claim, it’s crucial to consult with a construction accident lawyer.
If you’ve been injured in a construction accident in New York City or the Bronx, we’re here to help. Contact us at 844-3-RIGHT-BY-YOU for a free case evaluation with our experienced construction accident attorneys. We work on a contingency fee basis, meaning you pay no fees until we win your case. We’re committed to standing by you and doing right by you.
What Are the “Fatal Four” Construction Accidents?
Construction Site Dangers: The 4 Most Common Causes of FatalitiesAccording to the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), there are four main reasons behind most construction site fatalities, often referred to as the ‘fatal four.’
Staying Safe on Construction Sites: Preventing Falls and Injuries
In New York, many construction workers spend their days working on ladders, scaffolds, and roofs, making them vulnerable to dangerous falls, which unfortunately are the leading cause of construction worker fatalities in the U.S.
Sometimes, workers may become accustomed to working at heights and overlook the potential risks, neglecting necessary safety measures. Injuries can also result from inadequate structure inspections, leading to roof collapses or poorly assembled scaffolding. Accidents may even happen in stairwells lacking proper handrails.
The good news is that most falls can be prevented by using the right fall protection equipment. Employers play a crucial role in ensuring a safe work environment by providing proper safety gear and training for their workers. If you or a loved one has suffered a construction accident due to safety lapses, reach out to a construction accident lawyer to understand your legal options.
Struck by an Object
Staying Safe on Construction Sites: Preventing Injuries from Falling Objects
The second most common cause of death on construction sites is workers being struck by objects, which can occur in various ways, such as objects falling, swinging, flying, or rolling. It’s important to note that even if a worker isn’t directly involved in the task causing the object to fly, they can still get injured. New York employers can prevent these accidents by making sure their workers:
- Have the right personal protective equipment (PPE) and know how to use it.
- Receive proper training on operating heavy equipment and machinery.
- Are qualified and fully trained to perform their job safely.
Staying Safe from Electrocution on Construction Sites
Electrocution is a serious danger on New York construction sites, often causing severe burns, paralysis, or even death. It usually occurs when a worker’s tools or equipment come into contact with a power line or other exposed electrical sources.
To prevent electrical accidents on construction sites, make sure to follow these safety tips:
- Identify all overhead power lines before using any equipment.
- Keep a safe distance from power lines.
- Turn off all power sources before starting any work.
- Use power tools that are grounded and double-insulated.
- Employ ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCIs) and surge protectors to prevent electrical hazards.
Caught-in or Between Objects
Preventing Accidents: Stay Safe on Construction Sites
Construction workers being caught between objects is one of the fatal four construction accidents. This includes incidents like trench cave-ins, compression between heavy equipment and a structure, or getting tangled in machinery.
To stay safe, follow these tips:
- Avoid placing yourself between moving and fixed objects.
- Steer clear of unprotected trenches deeper than 5 feet without proper safeguards.
- Make sure someone trained in OSHA standards identifies and removes any hazards before workers enter trench and excavation areas.
Understanding Other Construction Site Risks
In addition to the ‘Fatal Four’ construction site accidents, there are other risks on New York job sites:
- Toxic exposure: Workers may encounter harmful substances like asbestos or lead, leading to long-term health issues.
- Machinery accidents: Injuries can result from machinery malfunctions, equipment misuse, or tool accidents, causing severe harm.
- Repetitive stress injuries: Performing repetitive tasks may cause conditions like carpal tunnel syndrome or tendonitis.
- Vehicle accidents: Workers operating vehicles like cranes or trucks may face accidents on construction sites.
- Fires and explosions: Flammable materials and hazards can lead to fires or explosions on construction sites.
If you’ve been injured, contact a construction accident lawyer to understand your rights. Call us at 844-3-RIGHT-BY-YOU for a free case evaluation with our experienced attorneys. We work on a no-win, no-fee basis, dedicated to standing by you and doing right by you.
Why Hiring a Construction Accident Lawyer is Important
If you’ve been injured in a construction site accident in New York, hiring a construction accident lawyer is crucial for several reasons:
- Knowledge of construction accident laws: A New York construction accident lawyer understands the intricate laws and regulations governing construction sites, helping you navigate your legal rights and compensation options.
- Investigative resources: Your lawyer can conduct a thorough investigation into your accident, determining liability and gathering evidence to support your case.
- Negotiation skills: An experienced lawyer can negotiate with insurance companies and other involved parties to ensure you receive fair compensation for your injuries.
- Trial experience: If your case goes to trial, your lawyer can represent you effectively in court, presenting your case to a judge and jury.
- Maximizing compensation: Your lawyer can identify all responsible parties for your injuries, pursuing all available legal remedies to maximize your compensation.
If you’ve been injured in a construction accident in New York City or the Bronx, we’re here to help. Contact us at 844-3-RIGHT-BY-YOU for a free case evaluation with our experienced construction accident attorneys. We work on a contingency fee basis, meaning you pay no fees until we win your case. We are dedicated to standing by you and doing right by you.
Seeking Compensation: How a New York City Personal Injury Attorney Can Assist You
At Mesadieu Law Firm, we understand the gravity of construction accidents and the impact they can have on you and your family. Our New York personal injury lawyers are here to provide support, especially when workers’ compensation falls short of covering your needs. We take a personal and thorough approach to each case, fostering open communication and delivering top-notch legal guidance. Our goal is to fight diligently to secure the compensation you deserve.
Our construction accident attorneys can help pursue various forms of compensation for you, including:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages, both current and future
- Rehabilitation costs
- At-home care expenses
- Compensation for pain and suffering
- Damages for diminished quality of life
- Wrongful death benefits
Reach Out to Our Skilled Construction Accident Lawyers in New York City/Bronx Now
If you or someone you care about got hurt while working on a construction site in New York City/Bronx, you deserve strong legal support. Our team is dedicated to investigating your case and fighting for justice. Get a FREE case evaluation with our construction accident lawyers in New York City/Bronx—no fees unless we win! Call us now at 844-3-RIGHT-BY-YOU or fill out our online form to get assistance with your construction accident case in New York.
Related Case Types
hiring experienced truck accident lawyers can make all the difference in your life. We can examine all the crucial information about your accident, look down the road, and see the long-term financial implications to make sure you receive all you’re entitled to.
Victims of workplace injuries who are unable to continue working due to the injuries sustained on the job should seek legal counsel immediately.
Our law firm can examine the circumstances of your brain injury accident to determine if you qualify to seek damages, which may include economic and non-economic damages