Child Safety Around Dogs
Keep kids safe around dogs with these tips:
- Always ask for permission before approaching a dog—never do it without the owner’s okay.
- Approach dogs slowly and calmly, avoiding sudden movements or loud noises.
- Let a dog sniff your hand before petting—never reach for its face or head.
- Always supervise kids around dogs, even if they know the dog.
- Don’t bother a dog that’s sleeping, eating, or playing with a toy.
- Never tease, taunt, pull a dog’s tail, or hit it.
- If a dog knocks a child over, teach them to curl up into a ball, protecting their face and neck.
- Encourage kids to report any dog they find aggressive or dangerous to an adult.
By following these tips, kids can steer clear of dog bites and stay safe.